So, your car has seen better days. The upholstery is looking a bit worn, and the once-shiny windows are now…well, not so shiny. Sure, you could take your car to a professional cleaner—or you could save your money and spruce things up yourself. Here are our top car-cleaning hacks.
1. Before any scrubbing or wiping, start by cleaning out your car of any trash, loose change or other items you have stored in it.
2. Use a firm bristled toothbrush and an all purpose cleaner for cleaning crevices.
3. For even tougher spots that require a little more elbow grease, use a flat head screwdriver with a cloth over it to clean out small crevices.
5. For hard to clean scuffs, a magic eraser is your best friend.
6. To get pet hair off seats, spray seats lightly with water and then use a plastic squeegee to scrape away the hair.
7. Use a small handheld vacuum to clean up debris throughout the car.
8. To clean upholstery and floor mats, make a simple solution of laundry detergent and water to spray on and then scrub.
9. For hard to get out stains in upholstery, use a scrubber attachment on your power drill.
10. Clean your pedals using a different brush that you won’t use elsewhere to clean. Think of all the stuff you’ve tracked in the car!
12. Clean your windows using vinegar and newspaper.
13. Make a DIY air freshener by soaking a clothespin in some essential oils and clipping to your vent.
14. Help keep your car clean by having a cleaning kit with wet wipes and microfiber cloths in the glove compartment or center console.
15. Avoid trash building up by having a reusable cereal container or tote bag in the car to use as a trash can.
Make sure you and your vehicle are covered for anything that happens on the road. Visit geico.com for a quick auto insurance quote today!
Keep reading…5 Cleaning Hacks for Your Home