Keep ants off your pants and yums in your tums with these 15 summer picnic tips from our friends at Goodful.
- Bring a tarp or waterproof canvas to put under your picnic blanket so wet grass doesn’t seep through.
- Wear a wide brim hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Wear and reapply sunscreen regularly.
- Bring bug spray to keep pesky bugs away.
- Bring mesh screens and covers for dishes to keep flies and other critters off food.
- Instead of the hard-to-carry picnic basket, instead bring large canvas totes.
- Instead of disposable dishware and cutlery, opt for reusable items such as bamboo or enamelware.
- Choose foods that travel well like hearty crudites, nuts, and grain-based salads.
- Use reusable plastic containers or even beeswax wrappers, and twine for a lightweight and waste-free option to carry foods.
- Bring a large cutting board to act as a table for drinks and small bites.
- Bring an additional sack or trash bag to tote away dirty dishes and other items.
- Bring something to do like a card game or board game to pass the time.
- Partially freeze water bottles to keep cold foods cold and then drink them as they melt.
- Premake a large batch of iced tea or lemonade and bring in a large jar for easy toting.
- Bring small pillows to sit on or lie down with for additional comfort.
No obe says,
Wouldn’t go away