1¾ cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1¾ cups buttermilk
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs, whisked
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Assorted cut fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, bananas)
Whipped cream, for dipping
Maple syrup, for dipping
- Heat up a waffle iron while mixing together batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, kosher salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In the center of the dry ingredients, pour in buttermilk, melted butter, whisked eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine. Do not overmix — batter will still be a little lumpy when finished mixing.
- Coat waffle iron with nonstick spray. Pour a heaping ½ cup of batter in the center of the iron. Close and cook for 3–4 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Carefully remove waffle from iron and repeat.
- Cut waffles into pieces approximately the same size as the cut fruit.
- Thread waffles and fruits onto skewers.
- Serve with whipped cream and maple syrup for dipping.
Leave a comment