It’s the season for thankfulness, and boy, are we thankful for cranberry sauce! No longer just a turkey-enhancing side dish for your Thanksgiving spread, now it’s an essential element of the morning-after-Thanksgiving, post-feast recovery breakfast (and a great way to use up some of those leftovers). Enjoy this easy, 15-minute recipe, courtesy of our friends at Tasty.
CRANBERRY FRENCH TOAST ROLL UPS
10 slices sandwich bread, such as brioche or buttermilk
4 oz cream cheese, softened, cut into chunks
1 cup cranberry sauce
1 tablespoon milk
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon butter
Powdered sugar, for garnish
1. Roll each slice of bread flat with a rolling pin. Carefully cut off the crusts on all 4 sides.
2. In a bowl, fold cream cheese and cranberry sauce together until semi-incorporated, but not completely smooth and homogeneous.
3. Spread a tablespoon of cranberry cream cheese all over the bread, leaving a thin layer at the top of the slice and moving the majority of the spread to the bottom of the slice. Roll up gently from the bottom.
4. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Coat each roll-up in egg mixture.
5. Melt butter in a skillet over low heat. Pan fry the French toast rolls until all sides are golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Breakfast in 15 minutes or less? Believe it! What else takes 15 minutes or less? Getting a car insurance quote from GEICO! It’s easy: Just go to geico.com now and find out how much you could save.
What other fruit could be used, not a cranberry fan.
Diana P. says,
Delicious. I made them with fresh whole cranberry sauce leftover from thanksgiving.
Joann Merker says,
What kind of cranberry sauce whole berry or jellied
Tried this recipe.. very easy to do and very tasty! Thanks
Jose A. De Jesus says,
Looks really good, definitely gonna give it a try!