Stacking, filing and flinging paper around, isn’t as fun as it sounds. In fact, it’s quite a nuisance in life’s rigmarole. But besides your sanity, the amount of paper you choose to use impacts several other aspects of your life:
- Environment – The average household’s bills, statements and payments add up to 6.6 pounds of paper per year, according to the Pay It Green Alliance!
- Security – A paper trail puts you at a greater risk for identity theft; storing information electronically is much safer.
- Time – The average consumer saves 2.5 minutes per bill when paying electronically instead of by check.
- Money – Remember, postage and check stock are NOT free.
However, the amount of paper you choose to lose can improve each of those things. An easy and effective way to reduce paper is to convert your bills and payments from postal to electronic delivery.
You could start with your auto insurance. Visit the Policyholder Service Center and sign up for any of GEICO’s Paperless Options:
- Paperless Billing – No more paper statements; get an email alert when your bill is ready to view online.
- Paperless Policy – Forget the policy package clogging up your mailbox, all of your policy documents will be stored online to view anytime.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)/Recurring Card Payments (RCP) – No need for checks. Choose automatic payments to pay every bill on time, every time.
You can likely sign up for similar paperless account options with the other companies you do business with. The more paper you avoid, the simpler life you’ll lead.
So go ahead and sign up for paperless billing. See for yourself the many ways going paperless can positively impact your life!
Did you know you can get your ID cards right on your smartphone? Download the award-winning GEICO Mobile app today.
Leave a comment